Friday, February 27, 2009

Temple Trip

Last Friday we took a trip to the Albuquerque Temple with three of the Young Men from our Ward. We left around 6pm and got into Albuquerque around 10pm. We took two 12 year-olds and a 17 year-old. Lets just say it was interesting......... From our little trip I learned the newest farting songs, boys don't leave home with out their Nintendo game players, the newest happenings in the Alamosa High & Middle School, boys like to talk just as much as girls, boys like soft hair, boys are bottomless pits, and finally boys can make strange farting sounds with slim (the sticky toy stuff) for three hours and keep entertained! The older boy, Marcus, was very patient and kind to the two younger boys. He was a fun to have around and helped out a bunch. He kept the younger two in line when they started acting up!

The boys had their own room in the hotel and I was very worried that they would stay up all night and not want to ge
t up in time to go do baptisms. Luckily, they only stayed up until midnight and didn't make TOO much noise. I'm not sure how the parenting thing is going to work out for me because I was very nervous the entire time having to look after three boys. Finally Rob told me to relax. Of course this was after they had split pop in my Jeep, got muffin all over the seats and then spilt candy everywhere. I will admit I am a little bit of a neat freak and did get a little uptight. On top of that you never know how other people's children are going to behave.

Baptisms were great. They had a great attendance between our Ward and 3rd Ward. They had so many leaders that I was able to sneak away and go through a session. It was very nice and I finished right as the youth were getting done. I love being in the Temple and the peace it brings


After the Temple we took the youth from our Ward to Itz, a family fun place. It is an all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta, and dessert place with an arcade gaming card included with your meal. They even had some small rides. It was actually a really fun place. I won the Wheel of Fortune game and won 500 tickets (that's a lot!). Our Bishop was there with his family and it was so cute to see him with his kids. Rob and I donated all of our tickets to Micheal, their two year-old son.

We stayed at Itz for almost three hours. Another thing we learned-you can't drag 12 year-olds away from arcade games. Finally all their points ran out and we were able to head home after they selected some prizes with their tickets. This is where they picked up the slime to make farting noises most of the way home. I was just DELIGHTED! All in all it really was a great trip. We got some much needed time away from work, school, and home. I did learn that when it comes to children the Lord gives us one at a time (in most cases) and doesn't expect us to just automatically raise three teenagers. If he did.... I would be in big trouble.








1 comment:

  1. What great sports you are! Sounds like you were quite educated!

    ReplyDelete