Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day started off quiet miserably. I ended up getting bronchitis sometime during the week and had go the doctor on Friday. Luckily I was put on antibiotics. I felt awful! I woke up on Saturday and hardly could talk. I had some great plans for Valentines day but didn't feel like doing a dang thing. Rob went to work so at least it gave me the whole day to do something nice. This was our fifth Valentine's day together and I wanted to make it special. Rob wanted to take me out to dinner but at the rate I was going, and how rotten I was feeling, I definitely knew that wasn't going to happen. On top of that I had to go the cannery with our Ward for from 10am-12pm to can our food storage.

I decided to decorate our bedroom. Since our apartm
ent is so small if I decorated any other room he would see it as soon as he walked in. I got some helium balloons, hung up a Valentine's sign, hung up streamers from the ceiling, and stuck hearts all over the back wall. I even blew up some balloons to put on the bed. I only managed to blow up six of them and that almost took me almost 3o minutes! I would get one done and would either have to rest for 10 minutes or would end up coughing for five minutes. I'm sure I was a sight to see! It took me most of the early afternoon. Had I not been sick it probably would have taken me an hour. I would just get tuckered out and have to sit or lie down. I was even rushed for time because Rob only worked until about 3pm. I even told him to drive slow (I'm sure that gave it away that I was up to something). He actually called when I was going to Safeway to get the helium balloons. I was so mad!

I made it home just in time to set everything up and tidy up the house a bit. Rob came home just as I laid down on the couch, totally exhausted. He was sweet enough to bring me home roses, chocolate, and a very sweet card. I got him some new shoes and a hat. He is definitely my Sweet Heart! He then ordered us Chili's for dinner since I didn't want to go out. We watched movies and he rubbed my back. Even though I was sick it still turned out to be a perfect day and reminded me of all the reasons why I love him. Here are the pictures of our Valentine's Day...


2 comments:

  1. Cute Blog! Found ya blog surfin! Looks like you two are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I am happy to hear you two are still in love!!! It is cute.

    ReplyDelete