Wednesday, April 8, 2009

General Conference

This past weekend Rob had the opportunity to go to Utah and attend General Conference. Unfortunately, I was not able to go with with him because I had to work the 9 News Health Fair for school obligations. He did, however, get to take two Young Men from our Ward and one of his counselors from his Young Men's Presidency. He said it was the experience of a lifetime and that his Young Men had a great time. He went to dinner with two of his former missionary companions and had an opportunity to catch up with them. They also spent several hours on the grounds of Temple Square. They attended the Saturday morning session of Conference as well as the Priesthood session. He said it was amazing and that the spirit was so strong. It was neat to think that as I was watching Conference he was actually there. I was really uplifted and inspired by the words of our Prophet and Apostles. I really wish that I could have gone with him! I HATED being here by myself and away from him.At the Health Fair we saw 620 people. We starting setting up at 6am and people started lining up at 7am. I drew blood along with 14 other people and there were still long lines for people waiting to get drawn. I drew someone's blood every 3-5 minutes. It was a very busy and hectic day but I was glad to have something keep me busy since Rob was gone. Since Rob was gone for 2 1/2 days I actually got some much needed homework done. That rarely happens when he is around....

When he got home I surprised him with some some of his favorite brownies and a little message. Being away from him definitely made me realize how much I truly love him and what our Temple marriage means to me. He is the greatest blessing in my life and I am so grateful for all that he does for me. He makes me truly happy and fulfilled.

2 comments:

  1. Tiff you are so thoughtful. I am glad my little brother has someone good like you to take care of him. Sounds like you were busy busy while he was gone. I am glad he was able to go he is such a good example to his young men not many leaders would attempt that. It we were all as good as Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute and thoughtful. I'm glad you take care of my bro. That is really neat that he got to take some of his young men..I bet they just love him. Sounds like you were pretty busy and they had a good turn out at the health fair.

    ReplyDelete