Friday, January 9, 2009

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, & Happy Birthday Rob!

Of course this is after the fact but the last few weeks have been absolutely crazy and have gone by in a blur! We had Christmas which is always a hurried and hectic time (although we did manage to find time to reflect on Christ and the reason for the season), New Year's Eve (I managed to stay up until 2:30am which was a miracle in itself), and of course it was Rob's birthday and we had to celebrate that. Whew! We had a great time and spent a lot of time with family and friends. Rob and I even made a REAL gingerbread house!



The highlight of the holidays for me was trying to be sneaky and surprise Rob with a new XD .45 handgun for his birthday! I set the stage by telling him for weeks that he didn't need a new handgun and that he had plenty of hunting riffles and shotguns. I had to use almost everyone in his family (Thanks Bill, Ray & Lori, Trish & Bryan, and Curtis!!) and also Rusty (his boss) and his wife Melissa to make sure that I got the right one. I had Bill hide it at his house until the day I gave it to him and Rob had NO idea!! I even had him open it on New Year's Eve (his birthday is New Year's Day) at a party at his sister's house (Trish) so the rest of his family could see his reaction since they all helped me. While everyone was talking upstairs I went and got the gift-wrapped box that Ray had secretly stashed downstairs (Ray and Lori brought it to the party) and then took it upstairs with a card taped to it with Rob's name on it. I told him that I found it downstairs and that he needed to open it. By that point he knew something was up because Lori had my camera out. When he finally opened it and realized what it was he was so excited!! These pictures are priceless.....




Of course I don't know how happy he was when he found out that his new gun is registered in MY name (hehehe)! He has always wanted me to go hunting and shooting with him and now I even have the perfect excuse-I own the gun! Happy Birthday Rob, I love you!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute...Thank you, Robert for drawing Hannah a dinosaur on Sunday...she has now added bows to its head because she just knew it was a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert and Tiffanie! I was happy to find that you have a blog. I love the picture of Robert opening his gun! PRICELESS. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete