Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Little Susie Homemaker..............Almost

Recently Rob decided that he really wanted some homemade bread and asked if I would make him some. Well those of you who know me know that I am a little......well...um...impaired shall we say, when it comes to homemade items like bread and cinnamon rolls. It's not that I can't do it. It's that I have no patience. If it doesn't come out perfectly the first time I don't want to do it ever again.

We got a breadmaker from one of Rob's missionary companions for our wedding and tried it a few week's after we got it. It turned out terrible! Only half of it actually turned into bread and the rest never even mixed but stayed as dry ingredients. We apparently didn't follow the high altitude directions. I was ready to be done with the dang thing after that and we haven't used it since that first awful attempt. After some prodding from Rob I decided to give it another try and to just watch it more closely AND follow the directions. To our surprise and amazement it turned out PERFECT!

I had forgotten how much I missed the taste of hot, freshly baked bread. Of course it still can't compare to my mom's REAL homemade bread but this will just have to do until I am ready to attempt the real feat. This works great right now with how busy I am with school and work. Next I might even attempt cinnamon rolls! Baby steps right?

M' M' MMM Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment